Fundraising Tips & Tricks
- Set a clear goal. For example, ‘I plan on raising $500 in one month’.
- Make a list of all the ways you can raise money. Assign priorities to your list and start with the most important.
- Create a timeline and set specific dates using a calendar.
- ecruit volunteers ahead of time. Find a set of close friends that will help support you throughout the process.
- Create a Facebook page or group to help promote your fundraiser. Mention the charity you are raising money for, why and how you’re doing it, and explain how people can get involved. Add some pictures and even videos that are related to your fundraiser.
- Start telling everyone you know about your fundraiser. This includes all your friends, family members and teachers. You may want to create a list of all these people. Ask them to get involved and help you to get the word out. Send them an email, letter, or give them a phone call. Provide them with a like to your Facebook Page or Group where they can find more information.
- Keep a positive attitude. Be excited, and smile when you talk to people about your fundraiser. It makes a big difference in how people perceive you.
- Thank your donors. Give them a phone call, send them an email or a handwritten thank you note. Make sure you show full appreciation for every dollar you get. Not only does it show you value their donation, but it will increase the likelihood they will help you with your next fundraiser.